Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Clarify

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling great!

Does anyone else have a hard time drinking 64 ounces of water?? I think it's one of the hardest things for me. And it's frustrating to try to drink it all and then end up losing all the points because you didn't quite make it. Not to mention that I've had WAY more bathroom breaks these last few days than I have time for.

After getting some input, I am going to change the water points just a little. If you drink all 64 ounces, you get 10 points. If you drink only 48 ounces, you get 5 points. If you don't reach that, you get zero points. Anyone have a problem with that??

Just to clarify, you are still allowed to eat things like mayo and sour cream, as long as you choose a lower fat version. I like the olive oil or canola mayo. It's less fat than regular and it doesn't taste as bad as the light. Do you like salad but can't stand the low-fat ranch you buy in the store?? (I know I do). Make your own version of low-fat ranch at home by using skim milk and olive oil mayo with the ranch packet. Salads are an easy way to get all your veggies for the day. Just add some carrot, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes, part-skim mozarrella on top of spinach and/or romaine. You get your dairy serving along with tons of veggies (and maybe fruit depending on how you count tomatoes. I feel weird calling it a fruit, but I guess that's what it is. I don't care if you count it as a veggie, though.) Also, Sargento's makes some good reduced-fat cheeses. Look for the pre-sliced stuff.

Another must for me is gum and mints. At 8:00 pm when I'm feeling munchy, I just chew some gum. They have so many good flavors out there these days. Tic-Tacs helps to ease the candy craving as well. Just my pointers.

Feel free to send any questions my way! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment