Wednesday, August 24, 2011

RULES

Program runs from Sept 5th to Oct 3rd.

Honesty. Of course there is no way to check up on each other and make sure we are telling the truth. It is on your honor that you report your numbers each week.

Track your points daily. The week goes from Monday morning to Monday morning. Use checklist to help keep track of points daily.

Weigh In. You will weigh in each Monday. Try for the same time of day each week. You will earn 10 points for ANY lost weight as long as it’s half a pound or more. If you are already at your goal weight, let me know beforehand to work out something else.

Every Monday you will email your points to me at poanster99@gmail.com. If I get your email on Monday, you get 5 extra points.

There will be two mini-competitions on week 2 and week 3. If you participate in these challenges, you will let me know in your weekly email to me and I will have random.org choose the winner out of those who played.

Good Food Points (see other form). You get 5 points for each serving you eat, up to the maximum points for each day. You do not get extra points for extra servings.

Bad Food Points (see other form). You will deduct 5 points for each serving of foods you eat on the bad foods list. No max! If you eat 10 servings of bad food, you get -50!

Water Points. You get 10 points for drinking 64 ounces of water a day. That is just less than four normal size water bottles, or 8 cups. I like to number water bottles 1-4 so I can sip on them throughout the day and still keep track.

Exercise Points. 15-29 minutes= 20 points. 30-45 minutes= 30 points. 46 minutes and up= 40 points. Max of 40 points a day. No exercise points counted on Sundays. Exercise can be resistance training, cardiovascular, zumba, yoga, pilates, brisk walking, etc. Pretty much anything that gets your heart rate up, and maybe a little sweat on your brow.

After 8 PM Points. You earn 10 points if you eat nothing after 8 PM. Or 3 hours before bed. If you regularly go to bed at midnight, then you can eat up to 9 PM. (If you have issues with blood sugars or other reasons you can not keep this rule, let me know and we will work it out.) Eat after eight…. Put on weight!

Bonus Points. Every week I will send out emails including ways you can earn bonus points. These emails will also include freebies, ie: eat a serving off the bad food list without losing points.

Supplement Points. Can be something like a multivitamin, or calcium and vit D, or fish oil, or a combination of all three.

Prayer. Receive 10 points for daily personal prayer. Family prayers or prayers over meals do NOT count.

Scriptures. Receive 10 points for reading scriptures, or another inspirational book, daily.



Good Luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Joanie, I want 2 participate yet we have no scale. I can check DI though. Also, U know I'm in a wheelchair & can't walk but I do have 2 pages of passive strength training & range of motion exercises Physical Therapy just gave me that I can do. I just got out of the hospital 2 days ago after being critically ill again. They had a built-in bedscale but only weighed me on the 16th. Oh, I'm not sure I could stand on the scale. Also, I am fluid restricted due to kidney failure. Am also supposed 2 drink non-fat 2 1% milk with 8pm pill. Sometimes I wil need a PRN pain pill during the night 4 which I have 2 take with milk even though this is only 1mth.

    ReplyDelete